Seeing Green

In case you missed this here are the Zevia winners!

Stef from More To Life Than Lettuce!
Googie @ Love me for who I am!
Brooke from Famished to Fantastic!

Congratulations girlies!!!
Please email your address to: fashionmeetsfood[at]yahoo[dot]com


Well it stayed gloomy here for the entire day. So depressing!

For lunch I decided on some soup


I had half a whole wheat pita with my soup as well.



Half a whole wheat pita: .5 pts.
Light Italian style vegetable soup: 0 pts.

Lunch: .5 pts.


For dinner I had a "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of salad. It had... lettuce, carrots, celery, almond pieces, turkey and provolone cheese with zesty italian dressing.


lettuce, carrots & celery: 1 pts.
Almond Pieces: 1.5 pts.
Turkey: 1 pt.
provolone: 1 pt.
italian dressing: 1 pt.

Dinner: 5.5 pts.


In honor of St. Patty's Day coming up I made Pistachio Muffins, and ate the top off it. These muffins do not work as just muffin tops. So I just feed the stumps to the boy!


Top of pistachio muffin: 1.5 pts.


Breakfast: 1 pt.
Lunch: .5 pts.
Dinner: 5.5 pts.
Muffin: 1.5 pts.
Bit of the boys Mint Oreo ice cream: 2 pts.

Total points used: 10.5 pts


I have also had six glasses of water so far. I need to step up my water game!


Pistachio Muffins


2 cups whole wheat flour*

1 cup all-purpose flour*

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons baking powder

1 box instant pistachio pudding

2 eggs, beaten

1 1/4 cups milk

1/2 tsp almond or pistachio extract

3/4 cup vegetable oil

Green food coloring

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and dry pudding mix.

Combine eggs, milk and oil; add to dry mixture and mix until just moistened. Add a few drops of green food coloring to it for a brighter color!

Fill baking cups full.


Topping
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon pistachio flavoring

Bake 20 to 25 minutes in preheated 375-degree oven, or until muffins test done.

* can also use 3 cups all-purpose flour

Enjoy!

xoxo


I'm off to watch Minute to Win it! Hope your weekend was fabulous! Do anything fun?