50's vibe

Heyy loves! Hope your weekend is going great! Here's my less then healthy for you dinner... oh well. Sometimes you just need a little deliciousness in your life!

The boy was having a wee bit of a craving for biscuits and gravy. So since breakfast for dinner is one of our favorite things around here we decided that it would be perfect to have breakfast for dinner. Yum Yum! I made hash browns, sausage gravy and some "flaky" Grands biscuits


I had a biscuit with sausage gravy and a small amount of hash browns on the side. I also had a fruit salad that I put into my "Measure Up Bowl" in order to control portion size.


Biscuit: 4.5 pts.
Hash Browns: 1 pt.
Sausage Gravy: 4 pts.
Fruit Salad: 1 pt.

Dinner: 10.5 pts.


Breakfast: 2 pts.
Lunch: 4 pts.
Smoothie: 1 pt.
Banana Muffin Top: 2 pts.
Dinner: 10.5 pts.

Total points used: 19.5
(well it started off a decent day... dinner kind of killed me)


Chex Party Mix


The other night the boy inquired about possibly making Chex Mix so while at the store I bought all the ingredients that I needed. The fun thing about Chex Mix is you can pretty much add anything and everything that you want to it.


Melted a stick of butter in my Pyrex dish and popped it in the oven @ 250 until melted.


While the butter was melting I mixed up my ingredients for my Chex Mix in my new confetti mixing bowl made of recycled melamine! The bowl is made by Zak Designs, and worked absolutely perfect for my making Chex. The bowl has a 1950's retro look which I am absolutely loving!


I get so many compliments on my confetti bowl. Zak Designs has a lot of things that would absolutely be perfect to give as a house warming gift or a wedding gift.


Once the butter was melted....


I added my seasoning packet... mixed it all around and then added the goodies.


Yum! Into the oven for an hour.


Yum!



Runners I need your help!

I am not a runner... I actually really do not like it at all! Yikes! But in effort to drop weight for my wedding, and go from Flab to Fab. I have decided that I am going to attempt to do some running. I need your help and advice though!

What are your favorites of the following?
• headbands
• shoes
• sports bras ( please note I do not have little boobs so I will need to double up my sports bras)
• running outfits.

Any possible advice? I would be extremely grateful!