Masque Yourself

Mud masques and baths were used by the Romans as far back as 120 B.C. to heal wounds. Today, mud is still used medicinally in European spa clinics.

Mud and clay masque are remarkably powerful beauty tools. Enriched with vitamins and minerals, these masque are capable of giving your skin a healthy glow!


I personally believe it's important to masque at least once a week. Masque clean your skin of toxins and help it get back to a healthy glow. I own a bunch of masque and end up rotating between them each week. Especially with sun damage I feel like masque will bring my skin back to a sparkle!

Here are masque that I am currently hooked on!


Alaska Glacial Mud Company

(you can view their website here)


They Say:
The glacial facial purifying mineral mud masque contains the most mineral-rich and pure glacial clay in the world, sustainably harvested from the remote waters of the Copper River Delta in Alaska. Our glacial masque detoxifies, exfoliates and softens skin while more than 60 nourishing major and trace elements promote healthy skin cell regeneration.


I Say:
Hello Lover! The Glacial Facial is my absolute favorite masque right now! How could it not be? It's made in Alaska, and have you ever seen their skin out there it's fabulous! The Glacial Facial leaves my skin looking tres tres chic with that glow it so deserves. Not to mention I have never had my face feel so smooth before.


Borghese

Fango Active Mud for Face and Body


This was my first mud masque I ever used. You only leave it on for a few minutes. It gets extremely hard on your skin and as soon as you start to wipe it off you can see a difference in your skin. It's an oldy but a goody! My Mum got me hooked on it, and I will probably forever continue to buy it. It has a very light and springy smell to it.

Cosmedix

(You can view the website here)
Pure Enzymes Exfoliating Mask


They say: This gentle, exfoliating mask harnesses the natural power of cranberry enzymes and lactic acid to tenderly scrub away facial impurities and decongest blocked pores. As active ingredients exfoliate, protect and revitalize the skin, potent, oil-free moisturizers add a dewy softness to blemish-prone skin.


I Say:
This product has become my new BFF. I use it about twice a week and it has my skin looking fabulous. As we get older our skin tends to lose it's way so it's important that we guide it back to health! While I might only be 24 my skin is so important to me that I would do anything for it! It's kind of my baby, and this mask really takes care of it. It keeps it looking fabulous, the product doesn't burn my skin. Plus I have worn less make up once I started using this masque. The reason may be because it gives my skin a wonderful dewy and natural glow. I think this product will be getting some extra love in the summer! Out of the three masque this one is my absolute favorite!

Questions for you!

Do you masque? If so which masque do you like best? How often do you masque?
Do you masque on your own or at a spa?


I use Cosmedix Pure Enzymes Masque about twice a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. I switch off between The Glacial Facial and Fango Active Mud.


xoxo Erica