Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry Pie.....

I kind of love Strawberry Shortcake....

the character


and the dessert!



I was so excited when I found a farm that had freshly picked strawberries. I must say though that Michigan berries are by far the juiciest and the sweetest berries around nothing else compares! Since I am not in Michigan, Pennsylvania berries had to do.


Of course I had to wipe up some strawberry shortcake!


I use Original Bisquick mix to create my shortcakes.








Oh and I like them real unhealthy with heavy whipping cream poured over them... YUM!









Strawberry Shortcake

• 2 1/3 c. Original Bisquick® mix
• 1/2 c. milk
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1. Heat oven to 425.
2. In a bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, sugar and butter together until soft dough forms.
3. On an ungreaded cookie sheet, drop dough into 6 spoonfuls. (Or as many as you want. I used a cake pan and dumped all the batter in it.)
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!



Do you have any fabulous strawberry recipes? Please Share them with us!