Gluten-Free Cinnamon Apple Muffins

Since I am on a 30 day challenge...I have decided to broaden my horizons, and try some Gluten-Free recipes. A couple days ago I made Cinnamon Apple Muffins from my new fabulous cookbook. The Gluten-Free Almond Flour cookbook.


Don't these look absolutely fabulous?





Cinnamon Apple Muffins

2 c. blanched almond flour
1.5 t. sea salt
1.5 t. baking soda
1/4 c. arrowroot powder (I had no idea what this was or where to find it so I didn't use it. However I did add 1 teaspoons baking powder)
1 t. ground cinnamon (I put about 2.5 teaspoons)
1/4 c. grapeseed oil
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 large egg
1 Tbls. vanilla extract
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4 inch cubes

Preheat the oven to 350. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners (I made mini muffins).

In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, arrowroot powder (i used baking powder) and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, egg and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture until combined. Then fold in apples and spoon batter into the muffin cups.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the muffin tops are golden brown and a tooth pick when placed in the enter comes out clean.

Enjoy!



The cookbook had a lot of amazing recipes in it. You can bet that I will be creating a lot of the items in the book. Yum Yum!