How To Tuesday: Feng Shui

There comes a point where change is necessary. I recently got a book by Tisha Morris called 27 Things To Feng Shui Your Home, and honestly it's bring even more good health to my life.


So what is Feng Shui? It is the complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune of the people inhabiting it.

Feng means wind and Shui means water. In Chinese culture wind and water are associated with good health. Who doesn't need some good health in their life.

Everything in the book has a significant meaning, and while I may not have changed my entire life to match the 27 things mentioned in the book. This book did have a huge impact on my life. Between Feng Shui and Yoga I have created so much balance into my life.

Here are some Feng Shui tips I learned from this book

• Clean out your closet

not my closet
Clutter is anything that no longer serves a purpose that is in your highest and best interest. Clutter is stagnant energy. So start with your clothing closet which is the closet that is most personal to you. After you clear it out you'll have some new found energy.

• Get rid of unwanted gifts
This one is probably the most difficult one because it triggers our guilt emotion. Usually gifts we don't like we'll hide out in the closet or under the bed. Basically out of sight out of mind. Until we come across them and the negative energy and emotion of guilt begins to flow. Get rid of the gifts and it'll be transformational for not only you, but the energy in your home as well.

• Create a vision board
This one is my absolute favorite. A vision board is a collage of images that represent your desire such as, what you want, who you want to be and goals you wish to accomplish. A feng shui vision board is not just all about your dream home, but it includes desires in all areas of your life. This includes career, love, knowledge, helpful people, creativity, success, wealth, family and health.

• Peaceful sleep
Not getting a good nights sleep? It might be because of the placement of your bed. When you lay in your bed it should be facing the door. If it doesn't you better get to working feng shuing.

• Crystal

What girl doesn't like a little bit of bling in her life? Crystals are true "gems" in feng shui. They'll bring a energetic balance to a room that only nature can provide. They can be hung in a window to energize a room, placed on a table to harmonize a room, or be suspended from the ceiling to slow down or speed up energy in a room.

• Pink
Adding some pink to your home brings on the energy of love. You can even hide it so only you know it's in the room. My place is pretty much filled with pink not because of the love energy, but because it's my favorite color! I wonder if people get the wrong idea?


What do you think of these ideas?

I absolutely loved this book and felt like positive energy was actually brought to my apartment. Which was a great feeling since I am living in a smaller space then I am used to.

xo