Soothe a Sunburn

Loves, we all know how important it is to wear sunscreen, right?
Regardless, of us using sunscreen there are always times that we may miss spots or stay out longer than intended. This usually ends up with us being a little on the pink side.

So how do you ease a sunburn?

Most of us use Aloe, whether it be from the plant or the store it gives us a sense of relief.
While I know that getting Organic Aloe is the way to go. I absolutely love Banana Boat Aloe... you know the green gel? I don't know what it is about that stuff, but I just love it! I keep mine in the fridge to give myself quick relief.



In college many of my friends did a variety of things to ease their sunburns after a trip to the beach. Some seemed weird, but actually worked great.

Sunburn easing remedies I learned in college

• 2% Milk: Pour milk in a bowl and add ice. Soak a clean cloth in the cool milk and apply it to the burned area for 10-15 minutes. Reapply every couple of hours. (Not really sure how this works, but it was quite popular among many of my friends.

• Gateorade, refrigerated lotion and a cold shower: This was popular among some of the football players. They drank the Gateorade to get electrolytes back, cold shower to ease the pain and the refrigerated lotion to stop the sting.


• Water, Water, Water: get your body hydrated back up, and your burn can be repaired faster.


Do you have any other fabulous tips for soothing a sunburn?

xo