How to cut a pomegranate

It's officially pomegranate season, and these beauties are popping up everywhere. Which means there is a lot of questions about how to cut a pomegranate. POM Wonderful usually offers a great little booklet about "How to Cut a Pomegranate" near where there pomegranates are being sold. I used their method, but always seemed to have an insanely large red mess ALL over my kitchen. This is when I came up with the following method of how to cut a pomegranate. It leaves little to no mess!
First I begin to make a slit down the side of the pomegranate
all the way to the bottom
I repeat this step five times around the pomegranate
Your pomegranate should now have five sections
Now at the top of the pomegranate you want to create a box


Your pomegranate should now look like this.

grab a section and begin to pull downward.
Repeat all around the pomegranate
Voila! Simple and hardly any mess!!!


xo