Burlesque by OPI

Burlesque is OPI's 2010 winter holiday collection. These glitter-glam polishes reflect the sultry and bright shades in Sony Pictures' upcoming film Burlesque. The musical includes some fabulous cast members such as Cher and Christina Aguilera. I kind of have a thing for musicals so I am so excited for November 24th when Burlesque hits theaters nationwide. This OPI collection contains sparkling glitters, shimmer and flashy colors that are sure to make you a star this holiday season.


{Ali's Big Break}
Ali’s Big Break is a glowing cherry red with flecks of gold glitter.


{Rising Star}
Rising Star is a yellow/orange gold foil. I found it to be a very pretty warm color with a huge emphasis on the heavy metallic and foil look.

{Let me Entertain You!}
Let Me Entertain You! is a bright cherry pink with plenty of pink glitter.

{Take the Stage}
Take the Stage is a burnt orange color with lots of gold and yellow to go around. I actually found this hue to have a glow to it making it rather pretty. It's perfect for crunching through the autumn foliage.

{The Show Must Go On}
The Show Must Go On is pretty Christmas red.

{Teas-y Does It!}
Teas-y Does It! Can I first just say that this is one of the most gorgeous purples I have come across in a long time. This hue is a midnight plum with lit from within golden embers glitter. This color is definitely fierce.


{Bring on the Bling}
Bring on the Bling makes the statement all the glitters is gold very true.

{Extra-va-vaganza}
Extra-va-vaganza is a copper orange glitter. That contains specs of blue which really stand out. I am definitely thinking this would be fun to put a brown hue under and layer this on top. Very fallesque.

{Glow Up Already!}
Glow Up Already! is a glittering meadow gold and green. It kind of reminds me of the change of summer to fall. Very festive for the holiday season. Definitely the perfect polish to be wearing while standing under the mistletoe.

{Sparkle-Iscious}
Sparkle-Iscious is Mardi Gras in a bottle. There is no other way to describe this color. It represents everything a New Orleans Mardi Gras should have minus the green and blue added instead. I definitely think they should have had green instead of blue in this glitter. The purple and gold are the key colors here. Make sure you pick this polish up for Mardi Gras!

{Simmer & Shimmer}
Simmer & Shimmer makes me want to get up and dance with its electric blue and turquoise. Definitely thinking a dark blue underneath would make this color electrifying. This color would complete a winter wonderland scene.

{Show It & Glow It!}
Show It & Glow It! is a fuchsia/plum glitter that you are going to want to flaunt!

How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish
• Dose one cotton ball in nail polish remover
• Place it on the nail and leave it on for 30-40 seconds
• Move it a little bit. Rock it back and forth to soak in
• After that press down hard and move it outward
• If still on the cuticles flip the cotton ball over and run over the cuticles.
• ****Use a different cotton ball each time

My Thoughts
Usually I am not a big glitter fan. I am actually allergic to glitter so I tend to stay away from it. However a lot of these colors really sparked my attention. For a collection that is filled with glitter I am actually very impressed by how many fabulous colors it contains. I was more into the lacquers that were glittered filled as opposed to the ones that were not. My top three favorite colors from this collection are Show it & Glow it, Simmer & Shimmer and Teas-y Does it.

What do you think of this collection?
Will you be buying any of these polishes?
Will you be going to see Burlesque?

xo