French Onion Soup

Waking up to 20 degree weather and frost on the ground definitely made it clear that it was time to make a big pot of soup. This time I decided to be adventurous and came up with my own recipe for french onion soup. Let me just let you know that I have NEVER had french onion soup before, so this could have been a total fail. I didn't want to smell the soup simmering on the stove all day since I am not an onion fan. So I decided to dig deep into my cabinet to get the big old (literally) crock pot out.













French Onion Soup
2 pts. per one cup of soup. Bread and cheese is extra.
mine with bread and cheese was 3.5 pts

Ingredients
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1-2 onions cut finely
• 1 box of beef stock
• 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
• 2 cups water
• Bread of your choice (I used sandwich thins
• reduced fat provolone cheese

Directions
In a crock pot place butter, olive oil, onions, beef stock, water and onion soup mix. I cooked mine on low for ten hours.

When you are ready to eat butter your bread(on both sides) and place it in the oven on broil. Flip when one side is crisp. You definitely want both sides of your bread crisp.

In a soup crock (bowl, mug or whatever you want) place some soup *NOTE I strained out a lot of the onions first because I don't like them*

Place the bread into your dish and your cheese on top. Place in the oven on broil until cheese is bubbly.

enjoy!

What's your favorite soup? Mine is California Vegetable.
xo