15 gift baskets perfect for the holidays

{Hello Kitty themed gift basket Christmas 2009}

The holidays are still more than a month away, but I am not all about waiting in long lines and letting the holiday season slip by because of stress. While people are frantically shopping I will be sipping on hot cocoa while I admire Christmas decorations. My family loves theme baskets, and I think they are a lot of fun to make and receive. So here are 15 ideas for gift baskets this holiday season. I hope this helps make your shopping easier.


{Michigan themed basket Christmas 2009}

Movie Night Basket: a DVD, movie theater candy (gummy bears or Junior Mints, anyone?) placed in a popcorn bucket. (My mum makes these for my dad, brother and I every year)

Book Lover Basket: books or magazines related to the book lover's interest, large coffee mug, decorative bookmark, bubble bath and candles.

Breakfast Basket: Make your favorite quick bread (on my list is cinnamon spice bread), wrap it in cellophane and tie it with a pretty ribbon. Include a jar of your favorite jam with a mini spoon and knife. (Great for grandparents)

Kids Basket: crayons, coloring books, markers, stickers, play-doh

Sugar Cookie Basket: Make your own vanilla sugar with a vanilla bean and granulated sugar. Place in a pretty jar and include your favorite sugar cookie recipe, as well as a couple of cookie cutters and some decorating supplies such as sprinkles and colored sugars.

Pampered Basket: include some body scrub, body wash, bath bombs and a beauty mask.

Coffee Enthusiast Basket: gourmet coffee, mugs and some flavored syrups.

Wine & Cheese Basket: a bottle of wine, a block of cheese, crackers and some wine glasses

The Wine-o Basket: two bottles of wine, wine glasses and wine glasses markers.

Candle Basket: a variety of candles in different scents including votive and tea lights with holders. (a great hostess basket)

Tea Basket: a variety of teas (bags or loose), infuser, oversized mug, teabag holder and tins to hold tea.

Winter Basket: lip exfoliater, face masque, lotion, WoodWick Candle and hot chocolate. (awesome gift for the college girl in your life)

Cook Basket Chili Theme: fill a pot with assorted cans of beans (kidney, navy, pinto..etc), chili powder, your favorite chili recipe, a ladle and oven mitts.

Chocoholic Basket: hot chocolate mix, chocolate cookies, chocolate ice cream topping, chocolate candies.

Ice Cream Sundae Basket: ice cream scoop, jars of pineapple, butterscotch and strawberry topping, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, maraschino cherries, nuts, ice cream cones and sundae dishes. (my mum gave me this basket one year while I was in college it was a SERIOUS hit!)

{Winter Wonders Theme Basket 2010}

xo I hope this helped you!