Tostada Pizza

After moving from Michigan to Pennsylvania I have noticed a huge difference in not only meat, but produce as well. I know understand why people are vegetarians and Michigan barely has any. Michigan has meat and produce laws, and a lot of other states do not. The lettuce in Pennsylvania is absolutely disgusting, and must be ran through my lettuce spinner multiple times. I recently was given the opportunity by Foodbuzz to try out Fresh Express lettuce. You can imagine my hesitation. However this lettuce was bug and dirty free and tasted amazing! I was extremely impressed with how great of a quality Fresh Express lettuce is.

So what's a girl to do with an awesome bag of lettuce? Make Tostada Pizza!

First I started with a thin pizza crust. I baked it at 350 for six minutes.

While the oven was preheating/pizza crust baking. I cooked a little over half a pound of ground sirloin with onion. Once the meat was no longer pink I added in some taco seasoning.

I also chopped the Fresh Express lettuce into smaller pizza.

The pizza crust should have a nice gold look.
I then smeared a light coating of pizza sauce on the crust.

Added the taco meat.

and some fat free mozzarella cheese.

I baked this at 350 for five minutes... or until the cheese melted.

after I took it out of the oven I covered it with lettuce, tomato and swirled on taco sauce.

Tostada Pizza

Ingredients
• 1 pizza crust (I used Pillsbury refrigerated thin crust)
• Pizza Sauce
• 1/2 - 1 pound ground sirloin or turkey burger
• onion
• taco seasoning
• a package mozzerella cheese (I used fat free and half the bag)
• a bag of Fresh Express Italian lettuce chopped finely
• tomato, cut into small pieces
• taco sauce

Directions
• Cook the ground sirloin (or turkey burger) with the onion until it is no longer pink. When it is completely cooked add taco seasoning to taste.
• Bake the pizza crust for 5 minutes at 350 or until golden brown.
• Chop the Fresh Express Italian lettuce finely.
• Once the crust is golden brown smear some pizza sauce on it. Spread the taco meat evenly over the pizza crust as well as the cheese. Place is the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• Once cheese has melted remove from the oven and cover with the Fresh Express Italian lettuce, tomato and swirl on taco sauce.

Makes approximately 12 pieces
3.5 pts a piece

Enjoy!!!