Fruit Salad

Summer is in full effect, and many of us are spending time at local farmer's markets getting the freshest crops. When it comes to summertime fresh fruit is on most of our minds. Really how could we not think about biting into a piece of fresh watermelon or some berries. Fruit salads are a key dessert staple for many of us. Mixing berries and melons together to create a fabulous fruit salad.


Last week I decided to get a watermelon-inspired pedi. It was complete with the little black seeds and the rind.

My watermelon-y results:

Hello cheerful toes! Now I am really thinking summer. Usually when you get a pedicure done (at least in my experience) they use tropical and fruit scented scrubs and lotions. The smells are relaxing and take you away to a tropical oasis, and now I can think of that oasis when I look down at my toes!



So how was my watermelon-y pedi created? It's a couple coats of red (OPI dutch tulips), a tiny strip of white (OPI alpine snow), a strip of green at the tip (OPI greenwitch village) and tear drop shape black dots (OPI black onyx).


You could easily create this look at home with all the nail art brushes and pens that are out there. Not to mention with all the different fruit flavored scrubs, you could turn your living room into your very own tropical oasis!

Nicole by OPI has some awesome nail art brushes.


As does Kiss! Kiss Nail Artist packs even come with some fun stencils!

Korres Natural Products makes a Watermelon Scented Scrub! How perfect for a watermelon-y pedi! It seems exactly like a watermelon!



What do you think of my watermelon-y toes?

Would you ever consider fruit-y toes?


xo