A Michigan Summer at the Orchard

Even though I spent my whole life in Michigan I still appreciate the beauty the surrounds me. I honestly don't think Michigan gets enough credit for it's beauty and what it is able to offer. During the summer there are many roadside stands filled with fabulous produce. Or you can drive out to a local farm and go pick your produce. During the summer months Michigan grows anything from raspberries, peaches and corn to cantaloupe, watermelon and tomatoes. If you can grow it you can get it here, well unless it's coconuts, pineapple, oranges or lemons. We can't grow those here. During the fall you can go to the farm and pick your own pumpkins or apples. You can stand anywhere in Michigan and be six miles away from clean water. It's a luxurious life us Michiganders have been able to live.

{Mummie and I went and picked some FABULOUS sweet and juicy peaches}



{
{some in season goodies}

{mini purple plums...so good}

{honey. I bought the Michigan made honey with Traverse City cherries...fab!}


What is your favorite thing about where you live?
xo